By graduation, Scholar’s Electives students will:
• Have a sophisticated understanding of diverse research methods and information literacy practices,
• Apply this knowledge to design and produce research-based solutions relevant to global and local problems, and
• Develop professional capacities and critical reflection through mentorship and engagement in a community of learning and practice.
• Students apply for admission to the Scholar’s Electives program prior to registration in first year of a BA, BMOS degree program. Scholar’s Electives is a limited enrolment program, open to full-time students having at least a 90% admission average.
• Selection will be determined by a Selection Committee on the basis of grades and a supplementary statement of interest.
The Scholar’s Electives program includes an honors degree, with either an Honors Specialization module or Double Major modules, as well as the 3.0 courses of the Scholar’s Electives Program. The Honors Specialization or the Major modules may be standard modules offered by departments, or theme areas designed by the student with the support of Faculty mentors and approved by the Dean.
For further information click on the Academic Calendar.